The OS Giken Super Lock LSD uses our patented pressure ring design that allows for smooth, progressive locking. This design is a spline-through-side-gear design that allows for fitment of more friction plates (up to 2x as many as competitors versions).
- All components are chemically heat treated for maximum durability
- All components are constructed from a high-grade steel alloy
- Gears are raw-forged for maximum strength
- Clutch disks are precision-machined simultaneously on both sides to extremely tight tolerances resulting in minimal warpage.
- LSD case is machined from a single billet piece to ensure uniformity.
The OS LSD standard spec allows for low preload while still retaining a fully progressive 100% lock capability. Operation is quiet and the progressive locking allows for smooth predictable locking. When replacing an open diff, equipping an
OS LSD will completely improve the driving experience while maintaining everyday drivability.
This diff operates in an ideal manner under any driving condition:
- Straight line: Near 50/50 operation (fully progressive 100% lock capability)
- Road Racing: The diff favors the outside wheel, reducing inner wheel spin, allowing the driver to accelerate earlier.
The strength of this unit is also superior since it's a clutch free, gear operation differential. Nothing to "slip" during bias changes or weight transfers. Other designs feature locking mechanisms that cause unwanted and potentially inconsistent operation, giving the drive one more thing to correct or compensate for while driving.