M1200 ADAPTRONIC ECU - UP TO 4 CYLINDERS / 2 ROTOR MAX / NA6-NA8 PLUG-IN MIATA / LOOMS, CONNECTORS SOLD SEPARATELY
Our main objective in creating the Adaptronic Modular ECU line is to further work towards Adaptronic’s mission which is to give people control. In doing this, we came up with a system which would give people greater flexibility and at the same time, overcome the limitations of our older product line - the Select ECUs.
This product is one of the three wire-in universal ECUs we have for our line of Modular ECUs, and is considered to be the most basic. It replaces the e420d Select ECU for a wire-in 4-cylinder / 2-rotor engine application using the technology from our new Modular ECUs. It is worth taking note however that the M1200 can not be expanded or upgraded with more inputs or outputs. The injector drivers are also only meant to support applications with high impedance injectors.
The M1200 can also be used as a plug-in ECU for the NA6 and NA8 Mazda MX5/Miatas with 2-plug ECUs. Otherwise, connectors and looms for a wire-in application are sold separately.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- Engine control unit (connectors or loom sold separately)
- USB (tuning) cable
- Vacuum hose
- 1GB USB Stick
- Key ring
- Adaptronic stickers
- Replaced the e420d for 4-cyl /2-rotor engines using the technology from new Modular ECUs
- 48 pin Mate n Lock
- Fast USB communication, requiring no drivers
- Headphone port for listening to the knock sensor while tuning
- 4 x serial ports
- 1 x CAN port
- Power over USB to do loading of maps, firmware etc without having to provide it with 12V power
- 32MB of onboard logging to flash
- Exception logging, able to detect faults and log a bunch of things that happen around the same time to help with ECU setup and tech support
- Bigger maps, more of them, and more dedicated maps.
- Tested to MIL-STD-202G, a military vibration standard, which varies the frequency and peaks at 7.5g of oscillating acceleration
Definitely the was to go if you are looking for an after market ECU these guys put a lot of love into this product. I would say its designed how a tuner would build an ECU. PNP no issues as stated. Most tuners I've spoken to prefer working with them. Bought it for my 04 MSM.